Delphi for CAPS part 2 builds on the basic concepts and skills acquired in Delphi for CAPS part 1 and covers the rest of the prescribed topics for grade 11
Concepts relevant to the CAPS are explained and illustrated first, one concept per page to make it easy to reference and study from. The explanations are followed by brand new practical exercises to develop problem solving skills and learn the correct syntax. Written exercises are also included to test basic knowledge, highlight common mistakes and guide students to reflect on learning. These exercises can be done for homework.
Delphi for CAPS part 2 includes sections on:
- Software engineering and Planning and implementing a solution
- Many algorithms are given with sample code (to find aggregates, to calculate x to the power of y, to find the smallest / biggest, find out whether a number is prime etc.)
- Functions And Procedures: Using built-in functions and procedures and write your own functions and procedures
- Manipulate strings using built-in functions and procedures
- Use Text files for input and output
- Use one dimensional arrays, parallel arrays, sets and stringlists including algorithms to search and sort in different ways.
- Access a database through Delphi ADO components to display, filter, query, add, remove and edit records in database tables and write reports from a database to a text file
- Develop a multi-screen GUI using the page control
The page size of the book is A5 landscape to make it suitable to view an entire page of the e-book on a tablet screen or projector screen without scrolling. The printed edition is a perfect bound book of about 270 pages with the identical page numbering so that e-book users and printed book users are always “on the same page”. The e-books can be used on mobile devices using iOS or Android operating systems as well as Apple Macs and Windows computers. The Delphi e-books are protected with digital rights management and may not be printed. The Javelin E-book reader will allow you to search for a keyword, set bookmarks, make notes, highlight and underline in the e-book.
The necessary files for exercises can be downloaded from http://www.textbooks4U.co.za/files